Legal aid to Dutchies abroad and their descendants
Klaas Zondervan, Esq.
Probate Lawyer & Genealogist
Areas of law / specific situations our firm can be of assistance in (non exhaustive)
• Legal advice regarding the acceptance, settlement and distribution of the estate;
• determining whether an executor is acting within his scope of competence;
• collecting a monetary claim you have in your capacity of creditor of the estate or an heir;
• acting as a subsitute executor/administrator or certified liquidator by proxy (SCE);
• acting as a court appointed liquidator;
• locating and recovering misappropriated property on behalf of Jewish families.
• In order to determine the size of a claim deriving from the passing of the first parent;
• to be granted the power to execute an act of conveyance and consumption;
• in order to have the executor/administrator relieved of his duties;
• for the heirs to be granted the power of disposition;
• with regard to the executor determining which assets are to be sold and in what fashion;
• to have the court set a date before which a share of the estate has to be accepted;
• to be given permission to accept the inheritance under the benefit of inventory;
• in order for the court to set a date before which a legacy has to be accepted;
• to have the court determine whether the assets exceed the debts.
Legwork and practicalities
• Selling real estate in the Netherlands, Germany or Belgium and paying off mortgages;
• closing or opening bank accounts and transferring funds;
• selling equity portfolios or buying stock on your behalf;
• dealing with the Dutch Tax Authority regarding income tax and inheritance tax;
• arranging for disbursement of life insurance policies and representation.
P.O. Box 506, 2400 AM Alphen aan den Rijn, Netherlands