IN YOUR CORNER
Klaas Zondervan (Leeuwarden, 1981) is a member of the Board of the Dutch Association of Legal Advisors (NVRA) and advocates for the rights of (descendants of) emigrants and expats of Dutch descent, who are or may be entitled to inherit from Dutch estates. Having completed the Specialist Training in Estate Planning and Specialist Training in Estate Liquidation, he has thorough knowledge of the Dutch Civil Code in general, and the inheritance law in particular. He often acts as a court appointed liquidator in 'troublesome' estates. Lastly, having passed two exams to become a sworn translator English, he has no difficulty conversing with you in either Dutch or English.
Areas of law / specific situations he can be of assistance in (non exhaustive):
• legal advice regarding the acceptance, settlement and distribution of the estate;
• determining the whether an executor/administrator is acting within his scope of competence;
• collecting a monetary claim you have in your capacity of creditor of the estate or an heir;
• acting as a subsitute executor/administrator;
• acting as a court appointed liquidator (lodging of an application initiating proceedings by a barrister).
Acting as your representative before the cantonal court:
• in order to determine the size of a claim deriving from the passing of the first parent;
• to be granted the power to execute an act of conveyance and consumption in cases of usufruct;
• in order to have the executor/administrator relieved of his duties;
• for the heirs to be granted the power of disposition;
• with regard to the executor/administrator determining which assets are to be sold and in what fashion;
• to have the court set a date before which a share of the estate has to either be renounced or accepted;
• to be given permission to accept the inheritance under the benefit of inventory (after having discovered a last will);
• in order for the court to set a date before which a legacy has to either be accepted or renounced;
• to have the court determine whether the assets exceed the debts, should that be a matter of discussion.
Because your matter matters to us.
Legal assistance to emigrants and expats of Dutch descent
+31(0)85-0604243 (select 0) | email@example.com